makes around 45...
250 gm of butter
2 tbsp icing sugar [plus about 300gm for dusting]
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp brandy or similar
300gm plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pre heat the oven to 180 deg [350F]
1. Beat softened butter for 8-10 mins until pale and thick.
2. Add 2 tbsp icing sugar then egg yolk, vanilla and brandy. Mix well.
3. Add sifted flour and baking powder mixing till you have a thick dough.
4. Scoop into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 mins.
5. Roll into balls the size of cherry tomatoes [mine were a little larger as Liliana was assisting!]
6. Bake for 18 - 20 mins.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 - 15 mins.
8. Line a tray with baking paper and cover generously with icing sugar then place biscuits on the tray and sprinkle with the balance of the icing sugar...they should be almost buried in the sugar.
9. Enjoy with coffee, tea, champagne or a glass of iced water...dessert or afternoon tea!
The children delivered a plate of these wee treats for Madam Paris to enjoy in celebration of 'Grand Fête des Mères' / Grandmothers day!!