To reassure my family and friends that my husband is not ill treating me and my family by torturing us with freezing cold breezes I attach the finished windows...yeah to neigh in 5 days!! Great progress!
And now we are all seeing a little more of each other!
Salmon en Croute for 2...
2 skinless salmon steaks
ready rolled or homemade flaky pastry [one large square should do it]
2 or 3 tablespoons of pesto
3 or 4 cherry tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 200 deg
1. Roll the pastry out into 2 rectangles 2.5 times as wide as the salmon steaks and 4 cm longer.
2. Spread pesto onto the pastry leaving a 3 or 4 cm strip around the edge of the pastry.
3. Place the salmon steak in the centre of the pastry.
4. Slice the tomatoes and place them on top of the salmon slightly overlapping them. Season with a little salt and freshly ground pepper and sprinkle with fresh herbs if you fancy.
5. Cut the lemon into 6 wedges lengthwise and squeeze one of the wedges over each salmon steak.
6. Using a pastry brush brush the edges of the pastry with water and then wrap the pastry around the salmon and make it look pretty tucking in the ends and making sure the tops are overlapped firmly.
7. Place the wrapped fish onto a piece of baking paper on a flat tray.
8. Using a large knife make diagonal slashes every 3 or 4 cm vertically along the length of the fish.
9. Brush with egg or milk and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.
10. Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 mins until pastry is a toasty brown and puffy!
11. While you are waiting make a simple side salad to serve...rocket, avocado and red pepper worked well!
11. Transfer your salmon parcels to your plate and serve whole or cut it into thick slices and serve slightly overlapped...with a wedge of lemon to the side...and tuck in and enjoy!